YOUR Questions Answered
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I BOOK A FLAT/ROOM?
To make a booking, simply CLICK HERE to go to our booking page. You will need to choose either the student booking or Residential booking option.
From here, you can simply complete a reservation form and press submit.
Once we have received your reservation form, a member of our team will contact you so that you can pay the deposit.
Can i share a flat with my partner?
Yes, we have many flats available for couples to share.
Please be aware that with most properties, the rent will increase for a couple sharing.
For more details, please contact us
What if i book a flat/ room but then change my mind?
We understand that circumstances change If you book a flat and change your mind, please contact us immediately to let us know. The sooner we are made aware, the sooner we can help.
What you will need to do, will depend on what stage your booking is at.
Can i live in my student flat over the summer period?
Yes, you are welcome to live in your flat over the summer period if you have a tenancy which starts 1st July. However, you will need to contact us to discuss what date you could move in. We must ensure that the date you would like to move in, allows us enough time to conduct the necessary remedial works and safety checks.
Please also be aware that the 50% discounted rent is only for non-occupancy, therefore, if you move in during the period 1st July - 26th August, the discounted rent will not apply and full rent will be payable from the date you move in.
Can i put my belongings in the flat over the summer?
Yes, from 15th July, you can move 4 boxes or suitcases into your flat/ room over the summer period. We have to limit this to ensure that we can conduct the necessary remedial works/checks prior to you moving in.
How can i pay my rent?
How can i report a maintenance problem?
You can report your maintenance issue using our online maintenance system.
CLICK HERE for more details.
I have an emergency and the office is closed
Out of office emergency contact
REGENT SECURITY - 0845 371 0101
Office opening hours
Monday - Thursday - 9am - 5pm
Friday - 9am - 4.30pm
Bank Holidays - Closed
What if i would like to make a complaint?
As a firm accredited by Safeagent, at Abode lettings Leicester Ltd, we want you to be fully satisfied with our service. Sometimes things don’t go to plan and when something does go wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, our staff who you usually deal with will try to resolve it that day, so please tell them in the first instance.
Should they need some time to look into the matter, they will explain why and tell you how long it will take. If you’re not happy with the response you receive from the team, you can get in touch through our formal complaints procedure below.
Please put your formal complaint in writing either by email or letter, including as much detail as possible.
You can ask someone to help you put your complaint in writing if you wish. If you cannot put your complaint in writing, please contact us so that we can document your complaint for you.
When contacting us, please tell us:
- Your name and contact details
- Confirmation of what your relationship is to the property
- The full address of the tenancy property, if you have those details
- The aspect of our service you are complaining about;
- How you would like us to put matters right.
We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below. You can get in touch in two different ways – either by post:
Caroline Toone – Lettings Manager
Abode Lettings Leicester Ltd
150A St Nicholas Circle,
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will investigate your complaint. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 10 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter. If there is a reason why we need more time than this we will tell you why.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a more senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 10 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter. If we need more time than this we will tell you why. If you still remain dissatisfied, you can then contact The Property Ombudsman to request an independent review:
The Property Ombudsman, Milford House, 43-55 Milford St, Salisbury SP1 2BP
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted to them for their independent review.
My query is not listed here
If your query is not listed below, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
WHAT OUR TENANTS SAY!
“Abode lettings have a great choice of properties, the booking process is simple and we had great customer service throughout”